Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

To make this landscape painting it took a good amount of time to plan out what i was going to paint and how i was going to paint it. I had to find pieces of landscape to use and put the together. I needed the sky, background, middle ground, and foreground.I made composition by adding dark and light colors underneath the snow on the mountatains, I layered the trees and made different colors to mix well together, I put the pond in an interesting spot to layout the painting well.Atmospheric perspective is the effect the atmosphere has on the appereance of an object as it is viewed from a distance. In the painting I made Atomospheric perspective with the layers of sky, background, middleground, and foreground.I created a light source with the stars not adding to much light but just engough to make my painting twinkle :) My color scheme was a lot of shades of green, purples and blues. I used many different brush storkes to add texture and make the picture pop. I dabbed for the grass, splattered for the stars and used smooth brush strokes to created the sky and water. For the snow I dabbed as well but I used another layer underneath and used smoothe brush strokes for that. I used value in my sky making it look mysterious by mix different shades of blues and purples to make clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment