Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pastel Still life Project

For this pastel still life i planned to make marshmellow peeps. I put them in many different formations before I started and i liked this one the best. I thought i would fit the page well and add interesting shadows to the image. A thumbnail sketch is a small concise drawing of an image. The viewfinder helps find a good position that will fit well on your paper and also look great. It helped me find a good layout that can fit inside of the view finder well and not look to large for the paper. I made my items appear dimensionally by adding shading and shadows on different sides of the peeps. I also added darker colors in some places where the light doesnt hit and added lighter spots where the light hits. I created a light source with setting up my peeps in the same way everyday so the spot lights in the art room would hit it right so the shadows are made correctly and are in the same spot so i don't messup.

No comments:

Post a Comment